外汇论坛 外兔财经

开启左侧

2008年是雷曼兄弟,这次会是高盛吗?(老美转帖)

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-10-25 01:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
https://www.y2cn.com
Looking at the chart of Goldman Sachs making new lows each month...I kind of wonder if it will go back to the 2009 lows. Last year, Jim Rogers was saying that a large US based investment bank was going to have trouble with currency trades...a company that no one would expect to have problems.

I have learned now the bank he was talking is Goldmans Sachs. Goldman is in big trouble with the currency trade. As the stock keeps tanking making new lows day after day I cant help but wonder if it will get back to 2009 lows in the low 40s. It is well off its high and it seems to keep slipping lower day after agonizing day. I remember way back when when Lehman and Bear Stearns traded like this.

Is it possible that Goldman's large wild bets on currency could go so wrong to put them out of business? Have there been times in the past where currency trades put a large institution or trading firm out of business? When was the last time?

Over the last 10 or so years look at all that has happened and ask yourself if this truely unimaginable. There were similar situations at LTCM, AIG, Lehman, Bear Stearns, etc. Why couldnt it happen at Goldman Sachs? LTCM had the best of the best behind it, but it still fell like a house of cards.

Who are my sources? Im not going to say in a public forum. Were you expecting me to give out specific names and phone numbers for you to verify? Dont be ridiculous. You can either accept or reject the message I have written. If you dont believe there is any truth to it, then by all means, reject the message. However, I am very short and I can imagine Goldman reaching the 2008 lows.

Everyday GS slides a little bit more and a little bit more. It might take a while for them to reveal the bad bets just like Lehman and Bear Stearns. Eventually, the news will come out. Smart "in the know" investors exited the stock way ahead of time (or got short) leaving the rest to squeeze through the red fire doors when the ball finally drops.
我心自在时,市场自在我心时。
发表于 2011-10-25 08:32 | 显示全部楼层
不是洋人正规媒体写的。
英文功底还不如我,估计是华人写的。
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-25 12:32 | 显示全部楼层

你的英文很好啊!你是搞英文工作的?
是老美写的,不过不是美国媒体。
我心自在时,市场自在我心时。

本版积分规则

QQ|手机版 Mobile Version|Archiver|关于我们 About Us|联系我们 Contact Us|Y2外汇论坛 外兔财经

GMT+8, 2024-10-12 12:32 , Processed in 0.044684 second(s), 23 queries .